Sunday, January 9, 2011

Welcome to 2011

I've been meaning to check in with you since New Year's Day, but this is actually the first chance I have had to do so. Time has been flying these past many weeks. Well, months actually. Judging by what my friends have said, I'm not the only one to think so. That's rather comforting.

Lately, I've been incredibly busy. In addition to signing books, unpacking boxes, and celebrating the holidays, I've been traveling to visit family and friends. I attended a funeral in the final days of 2010, and met a friend's baby in the first days of 2011. Obviously there have been ups and downs these past few weeks.

But now the holidays have come to an end, as have the signings. No new babies are expected and I don't have any upcoming travel plans. Time to take a deep breath... and get back to the real work of writing, editing, and (if I need a break) unpacking.

So, at last I can say, welcome to 2011. Perhaps it is the events of the past couple of weeks, but I can't help but feel that this new year holds great promise. With a new year comes the potential of brighter days. 2011 is a story yet to be written. Like the baby I just met, it can become anything.

Pretty exciting.

Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment